Sunday, November 17, 2013

Acceptance

This was the theme today for yoga... and at different times today, I have drifted back to this theme as I have carried it from the beginning of my day throughout... When Jessica started the class this morning she mentioned that some times accepting things can some times make us feel as though we are freer.... So true...

Within me there is this person that not many see the side of often, it's the contemplative me, that I drift back to... often when I am tired, or in a super tranquil or even serene mood... mellow music, and even watching the snow float lazily down till it softly settles on the surface the ground... other times it's in the pinks of the sunrise or looking at the haze of foggy moon, and yes sometimes, it comes in sitting in the slimy, sulfury hot springs..

This quiet peaceful time of night or day can often be pushed on as we hurry here or there to complete the next task or events of the day.. frustrations with different things arise from within at often ourselves, and sometimes in the blame we even other objects or people...

But don't forget it...Accept... your day must go on, but acknowledge the stillness and peace that can be found in being still... and returning to that stillness, which for me is often at the start and end of my day....

And ACCEPT... there will be a new day with new opportunities balancing the fast accelerations around us with the stillness and calm that can be created and found...



No comments:

Post a Comment